727 4th Street South - La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601 - 608-519-2367
IRS Tax Exempt No. 870722089 - Wisconsin Tax Exempt No. 049955 - Minnesota Tax Exempt No. 8368073
African American Mutual Assistance Network, Inc.
2017 Black History Month Contest
Black History Month Contest
February 1st to 15th 2018
Free and Open to the Public
The La Crosse Public Library, the La Crosse County Library, the Riverside Museum and the La Crosse County Historical Society has partnered with the African American Multicultural Assistance Network in support of our Black History Month’s annual contest beginning February 1, 2018 and ending February 15, 2018. This early announcement is intended to give community participants and the school districts the opportunity to study-up on African-American history in preparation for the upcoming contest.
There will be 28 questions, 1-question for each day in February. Contest questions will be made available at the:
- La Crosse County Library: Bangor, Campbell, Holmen, Onalaska and West Salem.
- La Crosse Public Library: Main Library, North Community Library and South Community Library.
- La Crosse County Historical Society.
- Riverside Museum.
Contestants may pick-up the contest questions between February 1st and 15th, 2018 at the above locations during their regular business hours. Each year there will be historical questions about African-Americans residing in La Crosse County and the surrounding areas as part of the 28-questions. All questions will be multiple choices.
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The winner is determined by the most correct answers.
- The winner(s) will be notified by mail.
- One winner receives a $1,000.00 cash prize and a trophy if they are the only one answering all 28 questions correctly.
- There can be up to ten winners having answered all 28 questions correctly; the $1,000.00 will be divided equally plus each winner receives a trophy. There are NO Runner-Ups. If no one answers all 28 questions correctly, the contestant with the most correct answers is the winner. Up to ten contestants with the same number of correct answers, less than 28, is distributed as above.
- All contest entries must be mailed and POST MARKED by February 15, 2018.
- Mailed to: AAMAN, 727 4th Street South, La Crosse, WI 54601.
- The local media will announce the winner(s) on Friday, February 23, 2018.
Check(s), trophy(ies) and other prizes will be awarded at the City of La Crosse County Library, 800
Main Street, La Crosse, WI 54601 on Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Black History Month, or National African American History Month, is an annual celebration of achievements by black Americans and a time for recognizing the central role of African Americans in U.S. history. The event grew out of “Negro History Week,” the brainchild of noted historian Carter G. Woodson and other prominent African Americans. Since 1976, every U.S. president has officially designated the month of February as Black History Month. Other countries around the world, including Canada and the United Kingdom, also devote a month to celebrating black history.
This will be an immense contribution to our Community and its History.
Back To AAMAN